03 March 2007

Rocky, Hitchcock and Horace Engdahl


As so often with our Saturdays, this 3rd of March is pretty hectic (in a positive sense, not the Swedish 'stressigt').
We start the day with two vernissages at Slussen.

First: Helle Knudsen's Gallery, with wonderful paintings we cannot afford.
Then: "Silverlaced" jewels at Konsthantverkarna, art works we can't afford either.

After these two vernissages? Two films at the cinematheque of course!

The first one becomes somewhat traumatic for Gunnar: Rocky!
I (Aurore) have not seen the film for almost 15 years and I am glad to re-discover that this film is better in reality than my 'souvenirs' told me it would be.
The 2/3 of Rocky still strike the audience. I think Gunnar agreed.

This is not the case with the second film today: Blackmail (sound version) by Hitchcock. As you might know, I'm not a fan of Hitchcock, contrary to Gunnar.


After these films the time is almost 6 p.m. and that leaves us one hour to reach the 'House of Danse' (Dansens Hus) to see Vindhäxor. This becomes one of the big disappointments today.
Horace Engdahl (the permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy, partly involved in this performance as he has written the text) sits behind us.
Neither I nor Horace will applaud tonight.





(Foto Vindhäxor kopierat från: http://www.dansenshus.se/PageFiles/5656/vindhaxor_ny.jpg)

No comments: