06 May 2007

6 May

For the second sunday in a row, we visit Magasin 3.

It is minimalistic and repetitive.
The artist invites the audience to be dominated by the size, the sounds, the images.
I (Aurore) definitely do not like that. It seems as old fashioned as if we were back to the late 1960's.

Gilbert & George's room is also very minimalistic. A few works are shown and they really do not shock.
15 years ago, when I was a bit interested in their art I already thought it was too childish and nice.
In 2007, they are still the same.

When we get out from the art gallery, I get a message from France.
An old acquaintance is having a concert in Stockholm. We go to the Catholic Church and interrupt a bit the choir's rehearsal.
After this, I go to talk to Patrick, my acquaintance. We have not met for 7 years.
He is still teaching in Manilla, and I am still interested in Scandinavian cinema. Have we changed a lot? Hard to say...

Then we finally go to the movie theatre to watch Odette Toulemonde, a nice comedy without any pretention.
I think Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt has missed the point in adapting his own book for the screen.
I feel like in front of Alexandre Jardin's attempts.

It learns us the lesson of the day: everyone is not a Marguerite Duras or an Alain Robbe-Grillet when it comes to direct films and write books.









(Photo Gilbert & George naked copied from: http://www.magasin3.com/v1/images/exhibitions/gilbert_george/gilbert_naked.jpg)

No comments: